WOW — its been a while!
I’d like to say that its because I’ve been taking a break – but its actually been almost anything but. I’m burning the candle at both ends and my blog here has suffered a bit.
I just wanted to give a quick update on where else has been taking me away these last few months 🙂 –and where else you might be able to find me, in case you need to get your Girl in HR fix 😉
- I’ve put a ton of energy into my HR mentoring program and trying to take it to a “whole. ‘nother. leevl.” 🙂 Its been fun and a lot of great learnings — and has been a great playground to try new things and experiment (that will likely make its way on to this blog!). Working with new HR pros has been so fun for me and exciting for me and while I’ve been pouring a whole lot in — I feel like I’m getting a ton out!
- See what I’ve been writing and talking about on the blog here — there are a number of ways to engage with the group including Facebook and Twitter. While the mentoring program is geared towards students thru new HR pro many of the topics that we discuss span across all HR pros regardless of how many years of experience that they may have– what changes is what you bring to the topic depending on your experience. I introduced a series (well do two posts really count as a series… uh, yeah, I just decided it does) called “Imagine Your the HR Person” — inspired largely by what I do here on taking current events and “making the HR connection”
- I’m working on my third stint as a committee lead for the South Texas HR Symposium. ITS AWESOME –and its gonna ROCK! The event will be Jan 15-16 and is one of the best deals in HR conferences. Its a great event (and I’m not just saying that as a member of the team who plans it) — we have lots of great speakers and things planned (networking, happy hour, silent auction. Yes, Yes and YES!!) I can’t wait to tell you more about it — and introduce you to the conference if you’ve never heard of it before — we’d love to have you out event in Jan, but if that doesn’t work with your schedule then want to get it on your can radar for 2016 (yes we’re already talking about the 2016 event!) Find out more at the symposium website and follow the thread on Twitter #STXHRS and #HRRocks
- Also happening in January, I officially officially become a board member of the San Antonio HR Management Association (SAHRMA)— I was elected as the college relations board member. I’m honored and stoked to serve with these amazing HR pros!
- … and know that you can always find me at Blogging4Jobs.com — I generally contribute every two weeks or so. Check out some of my latest articles (and maybe some that you missed).
The holidays are coming up — so that some extra cray cray that coming to my world (seriously, is Thanksgiving really next week?!?!) but I love this time of year! … and honestly, wouldn’t have it any other way! I do miss my blog tho – but find me on Facebook, Twitter, and in a few other my other side projects :).
What about you — whats been going on with you? Are things getting crazy in your world with the holidays around the corner?
Making the HR connection, yours,